Fisheries Studies is the study of breeding, rearing, harvesting, handling, and managing fish and other aquatic resources.
The main purpose of this narrow field of education is to develop an understanding of sustainable fisheries management and commercial fisheries operations.
Courses in Fisheries Studies develop skills in:
- harvesting and handling fish and other aquatic resources
- monitoring and maintaining water quality
- identifying, preventing and controlling diseases of aquatic resources
- monitoring and ensuring compliance with fisheries regulations and standards
This field comprises the following detailed fields:
- Fisheries Studies, n.e.c.
Thinking about a job in this field?
Check out the courses available in this field at various Australian universities and alternative study pathway options. If you'd like to speak with someone, discuss with your Career Advisor at school, or contact the Indigenous Education Unit at any of the Australian Universities, and they’ll be able to offer advice on available local information and student support services.