Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
Manufacturing Engineering and Technology is the study of the planning, organisation and operation of manufacturing methods, processes, facilities and systems.
The main purpose of this narrow field of education is to develop an understanding of the design, selection, development and operation of manufacturing processes and systems, and the planning, control and management of production functions.
Courses in Narrow Field 0301 Manufacturing Engineering and Technology develop skills in:
- assembly and joining
- operating manufacturing systems to produce a product
- printing technology and production
- textile technology and production
- wood product technology and production
This narrow field comprises the following detailed fields:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Textile Making
- Garment Making
- Footwear Making
- Wood Machining and Turning
- Cabinet Making
- Furniture Upholstery and Renovation
- Furniture Polishing
- Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, n.e.c.
Thinking about a job in this field?
Check out the courses available in this field at various Australian universities and alternative study pathway options. If you'd like to speak with someone, discuss with your Career Advisor at school, or contact the Indigenous Education Unit at any of the Australian Universities, and they’ll be able to offer advice on available local information and student support services.