Food, Hospitality and Personal Services
Food, Hospitality and Personal Services is the study of preparing, displaying and serving food and beverages, providing hospitality services, caring for the hair and body for grooming and beautification and other personal services.
The theoretical content of Food, Hospitality and Personal Services includes:
- application and use of skin care and cosmetic products
- general beauty care
- hair cutting, styling, colouring and treatment techniques
- hygienic work practices in relation to the food and hospitality industry
- preparation, display and service of food and beverages
The main purpose of this broad field of education is to develop an understanding of the preparation of food and beverages, and the provision of hospitality services including housekeeping, cleaning and food and beverage service. It also involves developing a knowledge of beautification and beauty treatments.
This field comprises the following narrow fields:
- Massage. This is included in Massage Therapy.