Food and Hospitality
Food and Hospitality is the study of preparing, presenting and serving food and beverages, and providing hospitality services.
The main purpose of this narrow field of education is to develop an understanding of the preparation of food and beverages, and the provision of hospitality services including front office operations, housekeeping and food and beverage service.
Courses in Food and Hospitality develop skills in:
- operating butchery and cooking machinery
- organising and supervising housekeeping services
- planning menus
- preparing and cooking meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
- providing customer service
This field comprises the following detailed fields:
- Food and Beverage Service
- Baking and Pastry making
- Food Hygiene
- Food and Hospitality, n.e.c.
- Hospitality management. This is included in Hospitality Management.
Thinking about a job in this field?
Check out the courses available in this field at various Australian universities and alternative study pathway options. If you'd like to speak with someone, discuss with your Career Advisor at school, or contact the Indigenous Education Unit at any of the Australian Universities, and they’ll be able to offer advice on available local information and student support services.