Banking, Finance and Related Fields
Banking, Finance and Related Fields is the study of planning, directing, organising and controlling financial activities and services. It includes the provision of insurance and investment services at the corporate and individual level.
The main purpose of this narrow field of education is to develop an understanding of the theories and practice of financial planning and investment, the nature and operation of the Australian and international monetary and financial systems and markets, and the principles of insurance.
Courses in Narrow Field 0811 Banking, Finance and Related Fields develop skills in:
- providing basic financial services
- developing appropriate investment strategies for different types of investor
- organising and operating financial institutions and insurance organisations
- developing appropriate insurance, superannuation and retirement packages for clients
- applying the principles of risk, insurance, reinsurance, and underwriting to determine benefits and premiums
- processing claims, maintaining and verifying insurance records
This narrow field comprises the following detailed fields:
- Banking and Finance
- Insurance and Actuarial Studies
- Investment and Securities
- Banking, Finance and Related Fields, n.e.c.
Thinking about a job in this field?
Check out the courses available in this field at various Australian universities and alternative study pathway options. If you'd like to speak with someone, discuss with your Career Advisor at school, or contact the Indigenous Education Unit at any of the Australian Universities, and they’ll be able to offer advice on available local information and student support services.