Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies
Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies is the study of the theory and practice of breeding, growing, gathering, reproducing and caring for plants and animals. It includes the study of the interaction between people and the environment and the application of scientific knowledge to the environment to protect it from deterioration.
The theoretical content of Broad Field Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies includes:
- crop production
- animal production and management
- environmental impact and assessment
- forestry resources management
- soil and water conservation
- aquatic resource management
The main purpose of this broad field of education is to develop an understanding of the management and use of natural resources, and the production of primary agricultural products.
This broad field comprises the following narrow fields:
- Veterinary science. This is included in Narrow Field 0611 Veterinary Science.