Creative Arts is the study of creating and performing works of art, music, dance and drama. It includes the study of clothing design and creation, and the communication of messages in a variety of media.
The theoretical content of Creative Arts includes:
- artistic and technical aspects of audio-visual communication
- artistic and technical aspects of the creation and production of art and craft, photographs and fashion apparel
- artistic and technical aspects of the creation, production and performance of music, dance and drama
- history, development and theory of the visual and performing arts
The main purpose of this broad field of education is to develop an understanding of composition, performance, artistic production, choreography, design and creativity and technical production.
This broad field comprises the following narrow fields:
- Mass production of products such as fashion apparel, woven materials, pottery and furniture. These are included in Manufacturing Engineering and Technology.
- Computer graphics: This is included in Computer Science.